A Fille du Roy (King’s Daughter) tells you about her life by raising diverse subjects of her everyday life.
Within the framework of the activities offered by À la Rencontre des Filles du Roy, we offer a conference on the life in New France, specifically on the young women called the Fille du Roy who bravely crossed the ocean to get married in the 17th Century.
- Learn the context of the life of the Filles du Roy (King’s Daughters)
- Their departure from France
- Speak about their recruitment
- Tell their journey across the sea
- Give an overview of their lodging in New France, what they ate, their lifestyle on a daily basis, their clothes, etc.